Massachusetts Podiatric Medical Society benefits include:
- Our quarterly newsletter, MPMS News, keeps you informed of MPMS activities.
- Continuing medical education (CME) and practice management seminars, at discounted rates, improve your capabilities, save you money and help you earn the credits needed to maintain your license.
- The MPMS staff and leadership is here to serve as an information resource and help solve billing, clinical and practice management problems. Call the office or click on Ask the Experts in Members Only for help.
- Mentoring program for new practitioners to help guide you successfully through the first few years in practice.
- Regular email updates to all members
- A free listing in Find A Podiatrist on the MPMS website
- Assistance in promoting your practice with customizable articles, news releases, Power Point presentations, and radio and Cable TV talk show talking points.
- Legislative/regulatory action programs directed toward the Massachusetts Legislature, state government and regulatory agencies, to expand and protect your scope of practice and interests.
- MPMS marketing, communications and public relations programs enhance the patient awareness and identity of podiatric physicians through local media.
- Collaborate with other professional organizations and state agencies to enhance your profession’s identity, at the local level.
American Podiatric Medical Association direct benefits include:
- Access to APMA’s toll-free information "Hot Line”, 1-800-275-2762 and website, www.apma.org, to answer your questions and serve as a wealth of information.
- Save hundreds of dollars on the registration fee for the APMA Annual Scientific Meeting, Podiatry’s largest and most comprehensive meeting.
- Monthly APMA News and bi-monthly Alert keep you informed nationally.
- Quarterly Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association keeps you current on scientific procedures and techniques.
- APMA Membership Directory CD keeps you in touch with APMA resources and other members nationally.
- Discounts and savings on all APMA foot health publications and audiovisual materials save you money and support your marketing efforts.
- Legislative and regulatory advocacy programs to the U.S. Congress, CMS (Medicare and Medicaid) and other federal agencies to protect your interests.
- APMA’s marketing, communications. and public relations programs enhance the awareness and identity of podiatric physicians through national media and provide tools for you to market your practice more effectively.
- APMA works with with other professional medical organizations and federal agencies to enhance your profession’s identity at the national level.
To apply for membership in the Massachusetts Podiatric Medical Society (MPMS) and the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), click here.
Please note that all prospective members must currently be and remain licensed as a podiatrist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
If you are a current member and would like to apply for a status change please use the forms below:
5.4 Status Application (if a disability or other issue is preventing you from working at capacity)